My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Monday 12 December 2016

Stage 1 Practical Lessons 1.07 - 1.11

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find time to blog for lesson 1.7 to 1.10 earlier and by the time I started to write, I realized I don’t quite remember most of the details. Basically, I only manage to clear one subject for each lesson. Some days, I would take 2 lessons per day. By the way, BBDC doesn't allow you to put practical lessons side by side, reason is to allow you have some rest in between lessons. Even though there was a gap in between, it was still quite tiring to have 2 lessons in a day - my left leg would  be shaking in the second lesson after all the clutching in the first lesson.

Here are the list of lessons I have gone through

  • 1.07: Speed regulation - first time driving in gear 4 at Bukit Batok Road
  • 1.08: Braking - my foot braking was too harsh
  • 1.09: Negotiating Sharp Turns - need to be in gear 2 when doiing left turn 
  • 1.10: Safety Routine - learn where to see for left and right blind spot
  • 1.11: Stage 1 Review
So far all my lessons were obtained from try-sell, hence I got many instructors from different groups. Good thing is I got to experience the different teaching styles of the different instructors and they gave pointers and advice on different areas (eg one was more particular on my braking and another on my speed regulation). The not so good side is that (I was told by some of the instructors) if the instructor was not from my group, he would not be that motivated since my performance would not impact his KPI. Well, I am not sure about this for now as most of my instructors were not from my own group so I have no way to benchmark.

Things to take note:
  • You need to be in second gear to go over hump. You also need to be in second gear when going through raised pedestrian crossing
  • When you stop in front of the traffic light, make sure the white line touches the edge of the right side mirror
  • When you are overtaking just before a T junction, signal left and return to left lane only when you are over the T junction so as not to give drivers behind you the wrong idea that you are turning left into the junction
  • My braking is too harsh. Need to release the foot brake gently when coming to a stop, not step harder.

PS: I realize that whenever I drink coffee just before the lesson, my hands would be shaking (mildly) during driving, probably due to the caffeine effect even though I am a already a habitual coffee drinker. It may not apply to everyone. Hence subsequently, I refrained myself from drinking coffee just before lesson commence. Not gonna drink (coffee) and drive.


Expenditure

Practical             4 X $77.04 + $68.48
Total cost so far: $764.30
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com