My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Thursday 15 December 2016

DAY 24: Stage 2 Practical Lesson 2.01 Driving in Observance of Traffic Rules

Very early morning lesson. First drove a few rounds in the circuit to warm up before going out to the road. I learnt how to stop at the roadside. Before stopping, need to check rear mirror, signal 3s earlier before steering left slightly. The instructor also let me try driving a few rounds of up slope and downslope in the circuit. He told me that my basic is quite weak - he is referring to my clutching technique. He told me i can actually control the moving off and low speed by clutching unclutching while the right foot is holding steady on the accelerator. Also that if down changing gear, i should keep pressing on my brake. I have a tendency to release my brake when changing gear. More practice required. He told me it is better to know it early and rectify than to make the mistakes during test. He also commented that it is not good to keep taking up cancelled slots as i will most likely get a different group and instructors that do not know my weaknesses.

Things to take note:
  • Control the moving off and low speed by clutching unclutching while the right foot is holding steady on the accelerator
  • When down changing gear, you should keep pressing on the foot brake, instead of release and full clutch


Expenditure

Practical             $77.04
Total cost so far: $841.34
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com