My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Friday 2 December 2016

DAY 1: BBDC (Bukit Batok Driving Centre) enrolment and application for PDL (Provisional Driving License)

Went to BBDC to enrol for driving lesson. Before I went there, I was planning to take up as private student. 

Update: I came across this page that shows the passing rates of different schools and private lessons. Not trying to form an opinion here but the statistics should give you an idea of how others fare and perhaps spur you a bit to be more diligent.

But after talking to one of the instructors at the helpdesk, I was being convinced to take up the school. I must admit that he was quite a good salesperson being able to convince people like me. One reason that convinced me was that for school, I can start learning immediately. The instructor showed me how to get cancelled/try-sell practical lesson from the BBDC portal. These are the lessons that students cancel last minute (less than 2 days) and will be posted in the portal for others to take up. If someone take up your cancelled lesson, you’ll get refunded. Otherwise, either you make time for it or it will just be cancelled without refund.  The instructor told me that if I am lucky, I can even start going for practical lesson tomorrow! This is a very important point to me given that I have a busy work schedule and I am not always around in Singapore. I have to be able to go for lesson on short notice and I don’t want to drag the whole course for too long. The common story that I heard is that it takes an average of 2-3 months waiting time before you can start lesson for both private and school. With this try/sell concept, I don’t have to wait anymore.

After enrolment, I immediately went 2nd floor to apply for my PDL. After that I started booking for lessons. I  managed to get 2 BTL (Basic Theory Lesson) lessons and a practical lesson for the next day.


Expenditure

Online Enrolment Fee with ACCOUNT $96.30
Online Facilities Fee with ACCOUNT    $1.00
PDL (Provisional Driving License)         $25.00
Total cost so far:                                     $122.30
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com