My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Monday 5 December 2016

DAY 3: Stage 1 Practical Lesson 1.03 1.04 Moving Off and Stopping, Steering Technique

I managed to get 2 cancelled slots today. Similar to yesterday, I drove round and round the circuit. I also started to drive in the opposite direction. While turning, I tend to cross my hands, a habit I need to kick. Also my foot braking was too harsh until my whole body (and instructor’s) would lurch forward. My instructor told me that I need to step gently on the brake and slowly releasing it as the car slows down to a halt.

Things to take note:

  • Do not cross hands while turning, especially on narrower bend where you need turn the steering more
  • Slow down by releasing the accelerator pedal before entering a bend otherwise the car will tend to flung outward due to inertia.
  • In circuit, drive at gear 1 or 2.
  • Foot braking is too harsh. Need to step gently on the brake and slowly release it as the car slows down to a halt

Expenditure

Practical             $77.04
Total cost so far: $310.62
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com