My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Thursday 26 January 2017

Theory Lesson PPL 5.01 Risk Forecast Training (RFT) which I didn't attend

The Risk Forecast Training was something new. In fact, after I passed the Stage 3 Review, the instructor introduced me to this lesson. If I opt for it, I only need to attend 2 lessons for stage 4. It would save me $100+ dollars. However, I decided not to go for it as I think I needed more practice on the test routes and circuit courses. What is the point of saving $100+ if in the end I failed my test and have to retake? That would cost me another $400+. Doesn't make economic sense. The instructor also agreed. Of course if you already are good and think that 4 lessons for Stage 4 is dreadful, this would be a good chance to save some money.

PS: I'm not sure if you still have a choice to opt out in future but at least during my time, there still is.

Update: Now this training is made compulsory. So if you need more practices, you'll have to book more revision lessons.


Share:

4 comments:

  1. You are really lucky, 'cause as of March 2017, the Risk Forecast Training has been made compulsory. So Stage 4 lessons have now been reduced to just two. It's impossible to cover all 10 test routes in two lessons. And I do agree with you that hands-on practice on the test routes really matter more than sitting in an air-conditioned classroom learning about the various traffic conditions. So now I have to book more revision slots to get more practice. Not exactly cost-saving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah they made it compulsory eventually. Yes like you, if I were in the same situation, I would need to book extra lessons during revision. Wish you all the best in your test (if you have not taken yet =) )

      Delete
  2. I agree with you that more practice is definitely better, but even if students cleared all courses they can still provide revision courses. So we can always take as many courses as we want before the test haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, you have a point there. I guess everyone has different constraints. For my case, I wanted to pass my driving as soon as possible due to my busy working schedule so to me any extra lesson would cause delay =) But now they already made it compulsory so sigh... no choice =(

      Delete

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com