My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Tuesday 24 January 2017

DAY 78: Stage 3 Practical Lesson 3.10 Stage 3 Review

This is the second lesson of the day. It is my stage 3 review. I was unfortunate to get a super strict instructor. I later found out from my friend that he's the strictest of all instructors in the group, also the strictest I met so far, even stricter than my group leader. He told me that I need to maintain lane discipline even in the circuit (ie keep to left most lane). Otherwise, 6 points would be deducted,.

Initially, he stayed quiet throughout, letting me do my maneuvers at peace. After I finished all the courses, he told me to pull my car to the side of the road and start telling me how terrible my driving skills were and he was surprised that I managed to reach so far in the course. He pointed to a basic technique that I failed to display - low speed control which is essential while driving in circuit. I tend not to step on accelerator while half-clutching, making the car very jerky at low speed. He said that my poor technique was probably due to all the try-sell slots that I attended, as the instructors were not from my default group, they tend not to be committed.

Even though I managed to clear all the courses, I didn’t make it to the next stage. After the lesson ended, my morale had dropped so low that I was literally dragging my feet (and bag) home


Things to take note:

  • While half-clutch at low speed, hold right leg at accelerator, controlling speed only with the clutch (clutch/unclutch)
  • For directional change, position car in the middle of lane and that your shoulder is at 2.5 rectangle on the right kerb counting from the front. In this way, you can immediately full lock right when you start to reverse
  • For vertical parking, if you see that the left rear wheel is about to hit the kerb, release steering wheel left full lock (adjust steering right) until wheel is able to pass the kerb
  • For vertical parking, if you see the right rear wheel is about to hit kerb, stop reverse, move forward slightly and then full lock steering wheel left again and reverse (remember to check right blind stop and rear windscreen when reverse)
  • Make sure to check rear windscreen every time before you start to reverse

Expenditure

Practical                 $68.48
Total cost so far:     $2037.68
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com