My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Tuesday 24 January 2017

DAY 80: Stage 4 Practical Lesson 4.01 Defensive Driving Part I

Today lesson was to familiarize with 2 test routes as well as to revise on the circuit courses. The instructor asked me to select 2 routes to drive. I chose test route 1 and 2.

Things to note:

  • When you need to lane change several lanes, make sure to cancel signal after one lane change and only signal again when doing the next lane change. Do not keep signal on the whole time. (I get different advice from different instructors on this. Some say it is OK to keep signal on all the way while others you say need to cancel signal on each lane. You need to decide for yourself.)
  • If you need to overtake an obstacle near to a junction, return to left lane after the junction, not just before the junction as your left signal may misled other drivers that you are trying to left turn. This happened to me at the T junction at Bukit Batok West Ave 5 in front of Bukit Gombak MRT. When there was a bus stopping at the bus stop, I overtook it from the right lane and immediately move back to the left lane just before the T junction. 2 vehicles waiting at the side road saw my signal left and thought I wanted to turn left (when in reality I was just changing back to left lane) and they just rushed our with their right turn. So instructor told me in such a case, return to left lane only after the junction
  • If a vehicle was stationary (not going to move off anytime soon) at the side of a 2 way lane with a double white line in between, you can still overtake over the double white line in this situation (better ask the tester for permission during test!) 
  • Make sure car is more towards the left/right when at the slip road for left/right turn to prevent opening a big space to your left/right which would allow motorcyclist to cut in from the left/right

Expenditure

Practical                 $77.04
Total cost so far:     $2183.20
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Test Cancellations

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com