My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Wednesday 25 January 2017

DAY 88: Stage 4 Practical Lesson 4.03 Defensive Driving Part III

This was the second lesson of the day. For this lesson, I practiced on test route 3 and 5. The clutch of today’s car was very stiff. There were a few times I didn’t manage to clutch in fully. I stroked a kerb during the first crank course (first time strike kerb). The traffic was heavy on the streets. I had a hard time changing lane as there was a road block in the middle lane at Bukit Batok Road. There was also road block on the left lane right just after a traffic junction (of all places!) at Teck Whye lane. I didn't notice it and ended up stopping in the junction while would be an immediate failure during test. I should have seen it earlier  and lane change before the traffic junction if I only was not too focused on the steering the car straight.

Things to take note:

  • Need more confident in lane change during heavy traffic
  • Be more aware of oncoming hazards, slow down earlier to allow more room for lane change
  • On the streets, do not half-clutch too long in gear one as car cannot accelerate quickly
  • Left/right turn not too wide so that motocycle cannot slip in from your blind spot.

Expenditure

Practical                 $77.04
Total cost so far:     $2405.76
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com