My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Sunday 18 December 2016

DAY 31: Stage 2 Practical Lesson 2.04 2.05 Lane Change, Right Turn


Today was the first time I drove to Choa Chu Kang. Previous, my street driving was only in Bukit Batok and Bukit Gombak area. I know that a few of the test routes are in Choa Chu Kang area so it would be better for me to start familiarizing myself with the roads in Choa Chu Kang.

The instructor commented that I need to fine tune on my lane changing as I tend to turn the steering too much causing the car to turn sharply. Another pointer he had for me was that I need to reduce speed when nearing traffic light  (reduce to gear 3) and cover brake in case the traffic turns yellow suddenly and I would be able to stop in time. I should only drive along in amber light if I am driving near the speed limit and already reached the last arrow when the light turns amber.

Right turn was a bit difficult for me as I need to watch out for vehicles on both sides of the major road (for T or cross junction). There was this situation where my car stalled (due to releasing the clutch too quickly) while doing a right turn at the junction along Bukit Batok West Ave 8.so I ended up right in the middle of the junction and the traffic light was turning red. The instructor asked me to reverse back to the minor road (first time reversing) but there was a lorry behind already formed up. He was honking his horn off afraid that I would reverse into him. It was quite a tense situation there.


Things to take note:
  • Lower speed when nearing traffic light (gear 3)
  • If light is green, cover brake until you reach the last arrow
  • If light turns amber when the car is already at the last arrow, you can proceed because stopping the car now will cause you to end up in the junction
  • Lane change cannot be too abrupt (do not turn steering wheel too much). You should shift the car gently to the next lane.

Expenditure

Practical              $77.04
Total cost so far:  $1009.33
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com