My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Monday 5 December 2016

DAY 3: Stage 1 Practical Lesson 1.05, 1.06 Gear Shifting, Slowing Down and Stopping


Second lesson of the day. Going round and round the circuit again. The lesson was on gear changing, back and forth between gear 1 and gear 2. I started to drive in the inner circles where the bends are narrower. I was still not used to the gear changing. I still can’t feel the position for gear 1 and 2 without looking at the gear. The instructor told me that I should not be looking at the gear at any point in time while driving, I need to be able to ‘feel’ the position, something that comes with more practices. Towards the end of the lesson, the instructor drove me out to the roads to show me how it was like to drive in the streets and how to perform gear changing along the way. He told me that depending on my next lesson's instructor, I might be able to drive out to the roads.

Things to take note:

  • Never look at the gear while driving - you should be able to feel the position
  • Should use gear 2 while going over hump and pedestrian crossing

Expenditure

Practical             $77.04
Total cost so far: $387.66
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com