My driving experience from being a Class 3 Manual student in Bukit Batok Driving Centre (BBDC) and onwards

Friday 5 February 2021

Enrolment At Bukit Batok Driving Centre

First post as part of a guest post series, How I Pass My Class 3A Driving Test at BBDC, by onemoredriver's other half

Photo by Lisa Fotios from Pexels

Encouraged by my dearest hubby's (onemoredriver) learning journey in driving, I braved myself to take on the challenge to learn driving. As someone who has never thought of driving and is terrible with directions, it is an amazing feat that I could even pass my Class 3A driving test on my first attempt after spending about 3 months on the course. It would not have been possible without support from my family, especially my hubby, my mum and the instructors from BBDC.

I hope to pay it forward with my sharing in this guest post series, to help you on your learning journey and pass your driving test with ease.

In this first post, I will share with you on the enrolment procedures at BBDC and the important things to take note during and immediately after the enrolment process. 

Enrolment at BBDC

You could choose to do a pre-enrolment online at the BBDC website before going down personally to the centre. Or head straight to the centre to enrol. Pre-enrolling will make the enrolment process faster at the school because they will still ask you to fill in the same form online at the school's computer terminals designated for enrolment/registration if you have not pre-enrolled and do not need to queue if the terminals are in use by others who are enrolling. 

There will be an eyesight test. You must pass the test to get enrolled so if you need your glasses to see things clearly, remember to bring them.

Photo-taking is not optional and must be taken at the centre. This photo will be used for your driving license. So dress up nicely for the photo shoot on enrolment day.

For the enrolment, I have spent a total of S$104.54. Here is the breakdown:

  • S$96.30 on Enrolment Fee
  • S$6.42 on Photo Taking Fee 
  • S$1.82 on Eyesight Test Fee
  • S$0.00 on Theory Fee (Not sure is it because I had previously enrolled in BBDC many years back that I did not need to pay theory fee?)
Enrolment is valid for one year only. Any extension would be S$8.03 per month. Hence, try as far as possible to complete your course in 1 year.

What to do immediately after you have successfully enrolled

Book your theory lessons online. Try to clear your theory lessons and tests as quickly as possible. There is a waiting period which could be 2 weeks to about 2 months after passing the centre's evaluation tests to take the traffic police theory tests.

If you have already passed your basic theory test prior to enrolment, quickly book your practical lessons as the slots are taken up very quickly.  The earliest lesson which you see could be 1 to 2 months later. A practical lesson is S$68.48 for off-peak and S$77.04 for peak. Aim to book at least 23 slots, so remember to side aside about S$2,000 for all your initial expenses.

Remember to apply for your Provisional Driving License with the traffic police before your first practical lesson.

If you wish to clear your practical lessons as soon as possible, you could check for try-sell slots on the centre's lesson booking system often. Try-sell lessons are practical lessons cancelled by other learners within 48 hours before lesson starts.

Thank you for staying with me until now. I will continue to share more on my learning journey and how I pass my driving test at BBDC in my coming posts.

Share:

2 comments:

  1. Of all the blogs I read, yours is one of only two (the other is https://bbdcclass3a.vercel.app/experience) that really went into the details of each practical lesson....I am currently writing my about my experience on blogspot as I learn driving at BBDC and I find it really fun to record all the interesting moments and silly mistakes I've made every single lesson as a learner driver who is new to the roads. Had fun reading your blog! Have a good day

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © One more driver to share the road | Powered by Blogger Distributed By Protemplateslab & Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com